Lighthouse Christian Academy School Plan – Updated February 2021
Health and Safety
The safety of our families and staff is of utmost importance to us. Please find below an updated outline of the protocols in place for the school.
1. Parents are to complete the health checklist at home. This does not need to be submitted to the school. Here is a link to the updated checklist. https://www.k12dailycheck.gov.
2. Parents will drop their children off and say their good-byes at their vehicle and not enter the school.
3. Cars will loop through the parking lot (as directed).
4. Children who show any symptoms relating to Covid-19 will not be allowed into the building. Any symptoms similar to those of Covid-19 will prevent a child from attending school.
5. During school, any child showing Covid-19 related symptoms will have their parents contacted and must be picked up immediately. Children will be in an isolation area until pick up.
6. Parents needing to drop things off at the office are asked to either send things with their children or call the office first and Bev will meet them outside.
7. Pick up – After School pickup for elementary students is from 2:50-3:05 Monday to Thursday and 1:50-2:05 on Friday. Mid/high pickup Monday to Thursday is from 3:05-3:20 and Friday 2:05-2:20.
8. There will be no before or after school play on school property.
1. Hand washing – Students will be washing hands throughout the day following the pandemic hand washing guidelines.
2. Physical distancing will be maintained outside of cohort groups. Students will have learning opportunities outside as much as possible.
3. Masks –
a. Teachers in K-12 will wear masks in class and in common areas except for standing or sitting at their desk.
b. Mid/High students will wear masks in class and in common areas except for standing or sitting at their desk. Mid/High students must wear masks while singing. Masks are required while on the school bus. Masks requirements for P.E. vary with sport intensity.
c. Elementary students are not required to wear masks but may wear them if they choose to. Elementary students are not required to wear masks while singing.
4. Students will have their own writing tools and equipment and are not allowed to share
5. Lunches –
a. Lunches will be eaten at each student’s desk or table area or in a designated area outside
b. Microwave, fridge and access to utensils will not be available to students.
6. The water fountain will be closed so please send your child with a water bottle. This water bottle will be sent home daily for washing.
7. Recesses –
a. Times will be staggered and areas will be designated to particular learning groups.
b. Playground equipment use will require students to wash hands before and after use.
c. Sports equipment may be shared within cohort groups
1. Washrooms –
a. Use will be for one student at a time.
b. Cleaning of washrooms will be done twice daily
2. High contact areas –
a. Inside the classroom (teacher) will be cleaned on a regular basis throughout the day
b. Outside the classroom (office staff) will be cleaned on a regular basis throughout the day
Much of the focus of the in-class sessions for all students will be on their academic, social and emotional health.
Cohort Learning Groups
K-2 grades will be one cohort group. This group, including teachings and EAs, will be a 60 or less people.
3-5 grades will be one cohort group. This group, including teachings and EAs, will be a 60 or less people.
6-12 grades will be one cohort group. This group, including teachings and EAs, will be a 60 or less people.
The school will communicate via our communication plan. Regular updates will be sent to the parents via newsletter, Google forums, Facebook, website and remind. Updates will be at least every 2 weeks. Notifications of any Covid cases will be under the direction of the PHO and VIHA.